Sunday, September 20, 2015

Entry #6 Art is Freedom-Art is Strange



On my last free write entry, I wrote about strange models and fashion. Today I would like to talk about an artist, someone who've I followed and admired her art for years. The one and only Saccstry.

Today, I'll be showing you her surreal, cute drawings, but be warned, for anyone who follows the link to her blog, many of her images contain graphic violence and deformities. Her art is beautiful in a creepy way and she inspires me to want to be more creative with my work, and not be afraid to be strange.

They're watching
Saccstry is a successful, online, female artist. The strangeness
of her work is what draws her fans into it as well as the impressive amounts of detail she puts into her work. The cute, alien/doll hybrid characters she draws pulls people into her work. Sometimes, when looking at the small, tiny girls she draws, you can feel them watching you, judging you, preparing to devour you alive. Rarely can art invoke such fear and fascination at the same time, which is why I chose to discuss her art. Alive and full of colors, yet dead and cold to the touch. It's amazing how such a contrast can be united into one work of art.

I search for artists who can bring a unique perspective in a medium over saturated with the same old same old. There is always a place for the new, and Saccstry brings it. While much of her work is gore, she also has many beautiful pieces that can give a new perspective on art and creativity. Here is a small handpicked selection of what I am talking about.



How do you feel looking at her art? are you intrigued? Weirded out? Even a little scared? Needless to say, no matter what emotion you felt looking at her art, she is an incredible artist and once again, I have been drawn in by the explicitly strange.

3 comments:

  1. This is amazing, and art like this is how I sometimes say society makes growing girls feel. Girls are to be seen not heard, the perfect dolls according to society. She perfectly shows the silent emotion that girls feel with the gore aspect, but she also fulfills society's restriction on the female human child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the creativity of these pieces of art, each of them really make you think about what their meaning is and all of them are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cas--Really good work with your new entries. You have interesting topics, engaging support, and thoughtful analysis. Great job. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete