Sunday, November 15, 2015

Blog Entry #5 Shorter Classes- The Future?

ASU is joining in on a new popular trend: quarter length classes. For those who haven't heard of this new trend, some schools are offering classes that cost less tuition and take half the time. These new classes allow students to graduate faster and can even graduate from university in three years. For students who are tough on times, these classes are the answer. For some however, this is a nightmare. The problem with these classes is that you are doing a full class in half the time. This may be a problem in an English class where an essay that would take a month in a normal class is now due in 2 weeks. For students with poor time management skills, this may be a problem.
What do you mean that essay is due at 11:59?
For others, such as myself, believe that this is the future. Why wait to take a class when you can get it done now? There is less work load, and allows you to take the classes you want instead of being forced to take required classes. When I started at GCC, I had 20 credits to take, but taking both English 101 and 102 in the same semester has allowed me to free up my schedule while allowing me to keep my scholarship and stay on track. Personally, I think more classes should be offered in this format and more colleges should offer these classes for credit.
the early bird gets the worm


No comments:

Post a Comment