Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Entry #11 One Final Thought

First of all, before I begin this blog entry, I would like to thank everyone who kept with me on this journey and motivated me to continue my blog. You guys are the best, and it is you who I write this for. There were times when I wondered if anyone was listen; I was wondering if anyone cared about my topics. You guys showed interest in my blog and motivated me to continue. Thank you.

I was hesitant of creating a blog. I assumed no one would listen to my rants about video games or art. I wondered if anyone would want to hear about Nintendo and indie games in a day and age where shooters seem to dominate the market. 

I've always had a negative image of blogs, thinking they could only be for the fashion savvy, the DIY home moms, and for world travelers. They were for interesting people, and I was worried I had nothing interesting to say. As time went on, and I got to talk about some of my favorite topics, I became motivated. It made me happy to be able to write about the things I love. I began to look forward to blog entries, and before I knew it, a week ahead I would begin planning my free write entries. I wanted to share my interests to the world, and this blog gave me the freedom and place to do it among my peers. At times, I began not to care about if anyone was listening or not, and started to think of it as a project for myself. It was a place for me to tell the world what I thought without judgement, and it became one of the funnest projects I've ever had in a class.
I honestly hope this project was as fun for others as it was for me. I learned that it was ok to voice my opinions and that my voice didn't have to be covered. I've been so used to strange looks whenever I rant about video games that this was a refreshing breath of air. I honestly wish that everybody else was able to experience that freedom because for me it was a valuable way to let out my emotions. Nothing made me happier than talking about the things I love.

My only suggestion on how to make this project better is to set up some basic tutorials to teach students how to further customize their blogs. Using the templates can be boring and students should know their options. I was able to figure out through google and some basic coding how to customize my blog a bit further, but it should be an option for students who may not be tech savvy. 

In the end, I am sad to leave this blog because I looked forward to having my classmates read my entries so much. I hope that future students will enjoy this project as well.

Thank you everybody!



No comments:

Post a Comment