Sunday, December 13, 2015

Blog Entry#11 Goodbye


First of all, I would like to say, to my one reader, Professor Nielson, you were awesome (English 102 readers, where you be at?). I'll actually miss this project. It was fun coming up with topics to write about and figuring out how to apply the things I love to this blog. And not going to lie, once I realized in English 102 that no one was reading, I had a lot more fun with my blog because I was able to put up the stupidest posts and put the jelly gummy on the side of my blog (click it if you haven't yet).
all hail the jelly gummies
One thing I learned from blogging was that it really makes you analyze the things you love. When I was researching all my video game, art, and fashion entries, I learned so many new things (like how expensive Amiibos can be) and found myself wishing I could write a whole essay about these entries. My only problem is that it loses appeal if you have no readers. In English 101, I had a whole bunch of readers, so I had a lot of motivation to continue my blog. I was lacking that in 102. Motivation went down by each entry, and I kept frantically checking to see if I had any comments. There were none. It was disappointing really, but after reading my classmates' blogs, I can see why. Unlike English 101, I had nothing in common with any of my classmates. I didn't find any of their entries interesting either (sorry if that sounds rude, I'm just trying to say we have different interests) and it was a chore trying to figure out what blog entries to comment on. 
Maybe I just have a one track mind?
Blogging did affect my writing for the better though. I learned to analyze subjects I thought were small and didn't deserve much research. I soon found out it was quite the contrary. Most of my topics would have been better fit for an essay than a blog entry, so I couldn't quite go into full detail. Obviously, this excludes the game reviews, which were done for my entertainment and to share the games I love. 
art by shayaragal

As a student, I learned that timeliness is also very important. If you don't pay attention to deadline, it's easy for your work to catch up to you and get the better of you. I know I sat there 10 minutes before the deadline rushing to get entries in. Not very fun, but an extremely bad habit that I need to quit.
Not to mention, while in my boredom, I figured out how to make that jelly gummy website on the side of my blog and how to add it to there. Congrats for technology and hopelessness (I gave up on readers at that point in time). I personally think blogging helped me a lot, but I wish I had more feedback from my peers. It was fun while it lasted, and I especially loved searching for visuals for my blog (believe it or not, I was looking for pictures of birds when I found my jelly gummy pic). I believe visuals can make or break a blog, so I tried to make the ones I used as interesting and relevant to my interests as possible (and free of memes). I wish I could do this for another class, because I love writing about my interests. It gave me something to do. 

Also, I do have an update. I got a wonderful kitty this weekend her name is Max and I love her and I wanted to post pictures of her here. Thanks for reading!



2 comments:

  1. I am glad you found value in the blog project, Cas. I am sorry you didn't really click with readers in 102. I think you should keep blogging anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing that cat was the first of many.
    https://www.dogalize.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/crazy-cat-lady.jpg

    Also, here I was hoping the 'goodbye' were you removing yourself from existence. Silly me...

    ReplyDelete